** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

6.16.2011

Pantone 17-1547


Summer is here, and I am officially in love with this color.  I really think everything needs to be Coral during summertime!  For Spring I was loving Mustard and Royal Blue, but now that it's summertime, this not-too-orange-not-too-pink color warms up everything right along with the weather!  I know that I really love this color, because everything I touch lately seems to be coral...Call me Queen Midas. 

Not that I'm actually turning things this luscious shade, but I see it and my brain thinks "Ooo, I need that," similar to the reaction it gives when I see sparkly things.  For the last year or so, I grounded myself from buying makeup.  I had so much that it was literally taking over my living space.  It seems, however, that Coral is everywhere this season, and so I couldn't help myself and went on a little binge...  Here's what I bought and some other things I'm loving in this perfect-summertime-color.

★ Benefit's Chachatint:  The newest little beauty in the Benefit arsenal of lip & cheek stains, this mango-tinted stain beautifully blushes lips & cheeks with a tropical sunset hue. It's smooch-proof & smudge-proof, and dare I say, waterproof?  This sheer stain will leave you looking deliciously sun-kissed for hours.




★ Nars Lipgloss in Wonder: Seemingly unwearable in the tube, this "mandarin orange gloss laced with pink and gold shimmer" wears surprisingly sheer.  However, if bold is what you're going for, the semi-translucent shade is also very buildable!  It goes on smoothly and evenly to give a plump, juicy, "I just ate a Popsicle" look that's perfect for summer.



★ Essie nail polish in Tart Deco:  Unlike most Essie polishes, this one goes on streak free!  It's a BRIGHT peachy-coral color that looks amazing on toes, but just as good on fingers.  The best thing about this polish, is that it makes my skin look darker than it is - instant tan!   I've had this on my toes since mid-May, and I swear whenever I walk into a room I feel as though my feet look sexier than everyone else's.  This polish came in with the Essie's The Art of Spring Collection in 2010, so it should be pretty easy to find. 


★ Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy:  This solar-baked blush brings new meaning to the term "long-wearing."  Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for an amazing 12 hours.  For oily girls like me, the clay minimizes oil to balance skin and keep the product in place.  Dry skinned and combo skinned girls benefit as well.  The clay has nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture, and the ability to zero in on skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore complexion harmony!  I could write a whole blog post just on how amazing this product is, but I won't...  It comes in eight colors, and while I have seven total, and love them all, this is going to be my go-to color for summer!


★ Mighty Mango Naked Juice:  Recently, for medical reasons, I've begun to eat about 40% raw.  I try to start every morning with a crap-ton of fruit, or fresh juice.  Because I am always running late, I've been cheating by grabbing a Naked Juice in the mornings rather than using my juicer.  I've tried every flavor but I keep going back to Mighty Mango.  Mangoes, oranges, apples, bananas, and lemon... Yum!  I know it's going to be a good day when I've got a bottle of this stuff.


★ Mangos:  It's been warm enough here to sunbathe for a while, so that's how I try to spend my weekends, floating in the pool, soaking up some rays.  When I go, I usually plan to stay for the day, to enjoy being outside, and not cooped up in an office.  I often bring some fruit to snack on, and lately my favorite treat is mango {and it's coral colored!}.  The taste of this summertime fruit reminds me a little bit of pine tree sap {does anyone else think this}, only in a tropical, beachy way.  I feel like one bite leaves me standing on a deserted island, and the next takes me soaring to the rain soaked mountains!  It's like being in two places at once, magical.


★ Coral colored clothing:  Coral is one of the best colors to wear in the summertime whether it's in clothing or jewelry.  Coral offers the same summer-fresh vibe that white offers, only more flirty, and without worry of getting dirty {I'm a poet and didn't know it}.  Plus, everyone looks tan in this color!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!